Thursday, March 23, 2006

Say it 'aint so Ben!

My right wing friend Ben Hand is getting back into the political fray it seems. He's one of the nicest wingnuts I've ever been around. Funny! Smart! Decent! But wrong! Papers are reporting that he's going to run against one of the Alabama Supreme Court Justices that voted to remove Roy Moore's 5300 pound Ten Commandments from the rotunda of the Justice Building. This is course after a special ethics court booted his buddy Roy Moore off the Supreme Court's Chief Justice bench for failing to follow the law. Roy Moore and the Radical Right are not good for Alabama and our nation! That Ben, a solid man except for his politics, feels compelled to use this "logic" as his rationale for running disappoints me. And helping out Tom Parker is just "icky" Ben! Imagine if a defendant in Wedowee ignored Judge Hand's order with their own "interpretations" of the Consitution. I expect he'd have them cuffed and stuffed post haste. I'm a card carrying member of the ACLU and intend to do everything I can to keep Ben laboring in the trenches in Lee County and East Alabama. Peace ... or War!

|